Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Communicate 3.1.2 The News Webquest

This webquest explores various websites that help you create amazing news items. The objective is to create a news piece that will immediately catch the student's attention. Look at the examples below. I hope that you enjoy.

The first posting (below) is a wonderful example of the flyers and newsletters that can be created on smore.com.  It is one of the most visually creative websites that I know of.    Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.   
 Here is an example of what you can do on flipsnack.com.  I created this because my students have limited English proficiency since they are first generation refugees with less than 3 years of American schooling, so I needed them to understand the vocabulary words that they would have learned they had been in the country for years.  

Thinglink.com is a little more complicated and less user friendly than the other websites that I reviewed.  At the same time there are some amazing layers of picture that can be produced with the write time dedicated to learning it.  Here is a simple example what you can do on Thinglink.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment