Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Collecting Reputable Digital Resources (participate 2.1.1)

In my web walkabout, I found the sources of embed code, services that make online teaching more engaging, efficient and effective, and web tools for teachers to be the most helpful.  The reason why I say this is because it is more difficult to get school systems or schools to purchase software and online applications.  I feel that  I have more control over materials that I do not have to purchase.  At the same time, there are some educational websites that I just can not live without as a 7th grade ESOL/ELA teacher.  Those websites include spellingcity.com, readinga-z.com, and flocabulary.com.   These are tried and true websites that I have been using for years.

As far as the new websites are concerned, it would be advisable for any teacher or student to check web evaluation tools to make sure that the websites are credible and secure (feel free to click on the web evaluation tools link).  Students and teachers can click on my like for web evaluation tools and enter the name of the website to get advice and ratings on various websites.  This will help maximize learning by maximizing time and credibility.  As a teacher, I will need to create a policy for checking online sources as a way to keep students actively engaged in the web evaluation process.  The information on the United Nations website may prove to be a good start.

If you are trying to be a dynamic teacher,  you may want to begin with understanding the things that will set you a part from others by getting a hold of 21st century concepts and technology.  I have spent a few hours of my life navigating some resources that I have found helpful in making the education process more fun and interactive for my students, and I added several links to my Delicious account.  You may click on the links below to explore more by doing a web walkabout similar to mine.

Sources of Embed Code
Educational Software and Online Applications
Web Tools for Teachers
Services that make online teaching more engaging, efficient, and effective



No comments:

Post a Comment